Beşiktaş JK Museum
Beşiktaş JK Museum is located in Beşiktaş District of Istanbul, the historical city, which has been home to many civilizations. The museum also faces the world famous Dolmabahçe Palace and is in walking distance from the Marmara Sea. It opened its doors to public on November 11, 2001 and was granted the status of “First Private Sports Museum of Turkey” by the Ministry of Culture on June 28,2007.
Some of Beşiktaş’s “Firsts” exhibited :
- Beşiktaş JK’s 1903 dated, original registration form as the first sports club in Turkey.
- Refereeing license of Seref Bey, who founded Beşiktaş Football Branch and was Turkey’s first international referee in 1925.
- The first Istanbul League Championship Cup (1924)
- The first Prime Ministry Cup (1944)
- The first intercontinental cup ever won by a Turkish team (1950, USA)
- The first Turkish Professional League Championship Cup (1951)
- The original document showing that Beşiktaş’s full squad was invited to the national team (May 5, 1952)
- The first Federation Cup (1956)
- The first and only League Championship Cup with an undefeated record (1991-1992)
- The first Ataturk Cup (1999-2000)
- The first Turkish Super Cup (2005-2006)