There is the Mausoleum of Barbaros Hayrettin Pasha, the Great Admiral on one end of the Naval Museum and Barbaros Monument on the other. Architect Sinan built the mausoleum with octagonal body of which entrance is with stoa in 1541. The mausoleum which is closed for visiting only opens for special days like 1st of July Coasting Feast and 4th of April Commemoration Day of Sea Martyrs. Barbaros Monument was built by bronze smelting in 1942.
The monument was made by Ali Hada Bara and Zühtü Müridoğlu in 1941-43 and located its place in 1944, the area in front of the Barbaros Hayreddin Pasha mausoleum.
During the empire, Ottoman navy got together between Beşiktaş and Üsküdar, and then went on a cruise. Because of this reason, Barbaros’ mausoleum and Derya Sinan Pasha (another captain) Mosque are here. 10-meter long stone carries the bronze statue that symbolize Barbaros and his two beams.
NEWS| SEE ALL NEWS